The Animal Control Officer for the City of Olivette is available to assist residents with both domestic and wild animal issues. This assistance is provided in the most safe and humane way possible.
Issues the Animal Control Officer can assist with includes, but is not limited to:
- Setting traps for small wild animals that may be causing a nuisance or property damage around the exterior of a home or business
- Setting traps for feral cats
- Assistance with capturing domestic animals/household pets which may be running loose in a neighborhood
- Removing dead or injured animals from the roadway or private property
- Enforcement of Olivette ordinances pertaining to animal regulations
- The Olivette Police Department currently employs one full-time animal control officer which is a civilian position. This officer is involved with all animal situations whether those situations requires direct response to apprehend and confine animals or providing residents with information.
Issues the Animal Control Officer is unable to assist with:
- Any removal or trapping of skunks
- Setting traps inside a residence or business
- Traps left over the weekend
How to Request Animal Control Services
The Animal Control Officer is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. He can be reached by phone at (314) 645-3000.
Main Animal Laws and Ordinances
To learn about the City of Olivette's Ordinances pertaining to animals, please visit: http://ecode360.com/27598938