Are you interested in enhancing the quality of life for all people through advancing environmental conservation efforts, social equity, and health and wellness? If so, you may be interested in joining Olivette’s Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC).
The Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC) is looking to fill two vacancies. The positions are three-year terms, with meetings on the third Wednesday of each month at 7 pm.
Per Ordinance, the roles/responsibilities of the Park & Recreation Commission are:
The Parks and Recreation Commission is an advisory Commission to the City Council. The Commission works in coordination with City staff in matters related to parks, facilities, programs and other associated activities. In this capacity the Commission duties include:
1. Engage the community and serve as advocates for the advancement of programs, facilities and services.
2. Receive, review, discuss and report on community input concerning parks, recreation activities, and facilities.
3. Volunteers at City Park and Recreation programs and events and act as ambassadors of the Parks and Recreation Department.
4. Periodically review the Parks and Recreation Master Plan and Individual Park Master Plans and make appropriate recommendations to the City Council.
5. Set annual Commission goals and corresponding work plan for presentation to City Council.
6. Review and give input into the Parks and Recreation Department's annual budgets and capital improvement plan.
7. Recommend and/or give feedback on ordinances necessary for the regulation and governance of Olivette's parks, recreational programs and facilities.
To apply, interested parties can email City Manager Barbara Sondag at email@example.com or complete a volunteer form at https://www.olivettemo.com/FormCenter/City-Clerk-10-10/BoardsCommissions-Volunteer-Application-68-68.